Lives of the Conjurers, Volume One
• HENRY SLADE Was he a medium or a magician?
• CAGLIOSTRO The Mystery Man of Europe
• KATTERFELTO Lecturer, conjurer, and quack
• SERVAIS LE ROY He levitated a pianist and her piano
• C. W. STARR His vanishing act was for sheriffs
• TORRINI His greatest illusion was himself
• SIGNOR BLITZ What he pulled from a hat one night
• CHARLES MORRITT His masterpiece was the
• THE BOTTLE CONJURER How was he going to jump
• MAELZEL There was more to his Chess-playing Automaton
• ROBERT HELLER His mindreading act mystiﬁed audiences
• THE BANGS SISTERS Both the spirits and the police
• OTTO MAURER His magic shop in a Bowery basement
• BERT REESE What was the secret of his psychic powers?
• BELLACHINI He bewitched the Emperor’s pen—
• COMUS With his Horologium, he could read minds
• ÉTIENNE-GASPARD ROBERTSON He hosted the
• HENRY BOX BROWN, HOCUS POCUS, and
165 pages. Illustrated.
Free download of entire book:
Copyright © 20012017 Top Hat Press